If life ain't weird right now...right? It's no secret things are tough right now. Quite frankly, we're all stressed in some way about this. Either we're consuming too much of the media, or we're craving physical touch from friends and family (I think we could all use a hug right now), or we have relatives that we really want to see that we're worried about, or we're just dying to get back to normal. Whatever it may be, things are difficult for all of us, we are all equal in this. Some people have lost jobs. Some people have lost family. Things just aren't the same right now and it's okay to feel overwhelmed. Since my business is 100% online, as a Social Media Manager, things have been NUTS for me. But even though I've been super busy, I'm still thinking about what's going on in the world. Here are 5 things to help you cope during this time. They have helped me tremendously and if I can share something that helps then my job is done.
These things have helped me tremendously and I think they'll help you too.
1. Go outside. Pull some weeds, mow the lawn, drink a cup of coffee, or go for a walk, whatever you choose, going outside will help you so much right now. Ps Vitamin D from the sun is the easiest (free) way to boost your immunity! ☀️
2. Read the Bible. I've been plum LAZY when it comes to reading the Bible. It's easy to get caught up in Bible apps and just reading that one verse a day but I promise you, diving in deep feels SO good. There is nothing like that connection when your hand touches the Bible and your heart connects with it. ✝️
3. Read a book! Trust me...I used to HATE to read, literally wouldn't even do it in school. But what I realized was that if it wasn't something I was interested in, it wasn't happening! But now that I've set aside time to read every day, it's been a game changer. 📖
4. Get some exercise. This could be a simple 30 minute walk or just a few air squats several times a day or 5 pushups to start. Whatever you choose, resources are out there and you'll be on your way to a better YOU. Bonus: exercise increases endorphins and those make you happy!
5. Create a morning routine. This has been the best decision ever for me! I'll be sharing a blog post soon on what mine entails but figure out a few things that'll help start your day the right way, every single day, and then do it! You won't regret it. ❤️
I hope these help.